Berner has been contracted for the stormwater restoration and civil reconstruction of runways at the Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport, Wallops Flight Facility (NASA), and the Aberdeen Air Force Base. Work on active runways is done in phases and typically requires work to be performed during nightly possessions with runway and taxiway areas to be reopened to aviation traffic each morning. For more information about our capabilities, please review our past projects, including the featured treatment plant projects below.
Our services include:
- Erosion control measures
- Excavation of existing runway subbase aggregate
- Pavement shoulder adjustment
- Subgrade stabilization and placement of subbase and base courses
- Furnish and install concrete manholes, inlet structures and storm sewer piping
- Restoration including grading, seeding, and sod placement for vegetative stabilization